2023 Lamar HS Field Hockey
Join the 2023 Lamar Texans Field Hockey team.
Time & Location
Houston, 3325 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77098, USA
About the Event
Lamar HS Field Hockey
2023 Fall Season
August 14th - October 27th
Please print, read and sign this document.
Once signed please bring the last page to practice to Coach Jenny.
- Players must be fully registered before practicing or participating in any team activities This includes fully completed required documents, fees payment, and verification of registration information.
- Registration is through the Houston Velocity website
- A dated physical, using the latest version of the HISD athletic physical form, is recommended. (Note: This will be required starting in 2023)
- Must provide current health insurance policy and insurance company contact information.
- Failure to submit required forms, register, and/or pay team fees on a timely basis will result in suspension from practices and games. The player will be reinstated once the missing item(s) are received.
- It is recommended (not required to participate) that players obtain a membership to USA Field Hockey. To register or renew membership, please visit the USA Field Hockey website at https://www.teamusa.org/usa-field-hockey/membership/types-of-membership
- First week of practice
- Each player evaluated for team selection
- No one will be cut from the Lamar FH team
- Players from 9th-12th grades who are enrolled at Lamar High School
- Players from 9th-12th grades who attend a high school with no field hockey team
- 9th graders may play on Varsity at the Head Coach’s discretion
- 100% commitment
- Required to sign this form, included in the online registration, stating that the player understands all the information contained in this document.
- Players are expected to work on skills and conditioning in addition to practice.
- Proper equipment and attire required for every practice and game (see Dress Code section).
- Note: Players may buy shin guards, mouth guards, shin guard covers, sticks (including goalie sticks), and gloves at the Houston Velocity Shop.
- Players must arrive on time to practice and games AND be dressed and ready to play
- All practices must be attended.
- Attendance is taken at each practice and game. Tardiness will be noted (this includes not being dressed and ready when practice starts).
- Players must contact the Head Coach about arriving late to and/or missing practices or games 24 hrs prior to the practice or game.
- Players are allowed one unexcused absence and one unexcused tardy PER SEASON.
- Excessive or repeated unexcused absences and/or tardiness will impact a player’s game time.
- For those receiving PE Credit (OCPEEP), absences will affect grades received and excessive absences could result in no PE Credit.
- Absolutely no weapons, tobacco, e-cigarettes, alcohol, or drugs will be tolerated at any practice, game, or team function. Immediate expulsion from the team and removal from the event may result.
- Held at Lamar HS
- First practice - Monday, August 14, 2023
- No practice on Labor Day (September 5th)
- Last practice is Wednesday, October 25, 2023.
- All ‘away’
- Arrive at least 15 mins prior to game time for warm-ups
- Game dates, times, and locations will be provided to the players once teams are split
No Pass = No Play:
- Lamar Field Hockey believes that academics is just as important as athletics.
- Players must be passing all school courses at all times.
- If a player receives a progress report that indicates that they do not have a passing grade for that grading period, that player will not be able to practice with the team.
- The player must, however, attend all games and sit with the team.
- The player may not wear their uniform during that game.
- The player will be reinstated once proof of passing is provided to the Head Coach.
PE Credit (Off Campus Physical Education Equivalent Program or OCPEEP):
- Lamar Field Hockey is an HISD authorized program to sponsor athletic training for the state required high school physical education graduation credit.
- 0.5 Credit for the Fall Semester is available for HISD students.
- Students are responsible for following procedures directed by their Head Coach and HISD to ensure that their hours of participation are documented.
- 90% attendance of Fall Semester activities is required for all practices and games in order to receive a passing grade. Absences will affect the grade received.
- Lamar Field Hockey uses e-mail and the Stack Team App (available in Google Play and the App Store) as the primary modes of communication.
- Create an account, search for LAMAR FH, and request to join.
- It is imperative that players read any e-mails sent and chats, as any last-minute schedule changes will be sent via these two methods.
Fees for Fall 2023
- Team fees cover all program activities for the season, including a practice pinnie for each player and field rental fees.
- Fees are due at registration via online payment
- Pay in full up-front
- Fees do not cover player equipment costs, transportation expenses, or any other expenses of parents/guardians.
- Limited scholarships funds are available; contact team leaders to make a confidential application. If granted, scholarship awards can be applied during online registration.
- All fees are subject to forfeiture if a player elects to not participate.
- Refund requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Prior to August 12, 2023, a full refund will be issued.
- On or after August 12, 2023 but prior to August 23, 2023, a 75% refund will be issued.
- On or after August 23, 2023 but prior to August 31, 2023, a 50% refund will be issued.
- On or after September 1, 2023, there will be no refunds.
Volunteering, Fundraising, Donations, and Community Sponsorships:
- Lamar Field Hockey is a volunteer, parent driven club. We need your help to make your player’s experience the best it can be.
- While the club is affiliated with Lamar High School, field hockey is not a UIL sport and we do not receive financial, facilities, or personnel support from HISD. The club relies on volunteers, fees, fundraisers, donations, and sponsorships to continue as a club and cover operating expenses.
- Please consider contributing your time and talents to the team. We are in need of parent/guardian volunteers for every aspect of the club.
- Players are required to participate in at least one team fundraising activity.
- If you are unable to pitch in with your time, please consider a donation to the team which can further help the program. Donations can be made to any team leader.
- The club offers a Community Sponsorship program giving organizations various ways to promote their business while supporting Lamar Field Hockey. Contact a team leader if you, a family member, friend, or associate are interested in participating.
2023 Lamar HS Field Hockey
+$6.88 service fee
+$6.88 service fee0